I wrapped up my work week on Friday morning, slept off and on, and had my parents over for the weekend that early evening. Gary and my dad threw 10 lbs. of soy-marinated short ribs and pineapple on the grill, which we enjoyed with some delicious in-season white corn and a fresh garden salad. My mom and I stayed inside with the boys so she could get some quality snuggle time in with them.
Gary and I tag-teamed breakfast the next morning: "homemade" biscuits using Red Lobster's Cheddar Bay biscuit mix (SO good!) with scratch made turkey gravy (shout out to my father-in-law for teaching us his gravy-making ways) and some simple scrambled eggs.
After a lazy morning, Gary and my dad took Daniel to pick up my uncle, who lives nearby, and we all headed to the Anaheim Packing District for a walk-around and some lunch. There was a live band playing, tons of merchants and restaurants galore, an over-all family friendly place that Gary and I need to really explore in depth very, very soon.
Today, our Sunday was spent doing absolutely nothing asides from a few chores around the house. We had our friends over for a play date for a few hours.
Also worth noting:
- This blog is officially BedtimeBlogger.com! It's been a long time coming, and part of the reason it took so long for me to commit to buying a URL is because I just wasn't sure how I'd feel about the name at this time, when I started blogging 3 years ago. Now that my desire to blog has returned, I still enjoy this name for my little corner of the web.
- This is everything. Lots of my favorite things come in mugs and now, so can a yummy chocolate chip cookie!
- My lovely & creative friend Stacy kicked off her Creative Market account with a lovely stock photo! Go check it out!
- With Christmas right around the corner and our family unit complete, I'm finally ready to commit to what I want our holiday stockings to look like (first world problems, anyone?).
- I don't put nearly enough emphasis on reading with Daniel as I should be, but luckily he has a natural interest in books - he got it from his mama. I want to make sure to instill the same love for books in Julian. This is a great list of books to start with.